PLANSWIFT
SUPPORT
Start a new topic

how to avoid lagging while taking take off

anyone share with me

1 person likes this idea
Hey there Ramesh
If you are having speed issues within Planswift, there are a couple of factors that could be affecting it.
1) You RAM and the amount of RAM Planswift is using; If Planswift is close to 2 Gigs of RAM you will notice, crashing and speed issues.
2) The files size you're currently working with, are your pages .tiff, are the .pdf? this will contribute to the speed issues, and RAM usage of your Planswift.
3) Are you working locally or through a network location?
4) The amount of take-off items you have on a page will also greatly impact the amount of RAM Planswift is using, and the speed of the program.

There isn't much we can do to speed up Planswift, aside from work within these factors, and adjust some of these factors. If you need assistance please contact us at 888 752 6794 x2; through e-mail at Support@planswift.com, or Join us for a live chat which you can access through the Help tab of your Planswift Software.

There is something you can do. Maybe upgrading Planswift to 64-bit would make a world of difference. Even with a 16 gig ram machine, when drawing rafters on pitch with more than 4-5 planes, it can take one minute or more to populate my list. This with no other digitizers open. I also transfer all my .pdf files to .tiff.

Here's my tricks;

Do not generate Labels. Turning on the rafter length labels contributes to slow downs.

think about the number of Sections you use. If you draw a large roof with one Section PS will generate all the rafters within that Section, if you draw a large roof in multiple Sections PS will generate only the rafters within a Specific Section at a time. If you need to clear rafter and redraw a Section or make changes PS wont have to redraw the whole page but only the Section effected.

Login or Signup to post a comment