Start a new topic

Multiple Sub Item Multiplied by a total Count

In doing large hotels and apartment buildings, many times they will have a single unit for the layout and then you have to multiply that by the total number of units in the building, this goes for bathrooms that you are doing a count for accessories, walls that you are taking off on a single unit that has 36 units total, or the CLG, that has the same as the walls.  I have not found an elegant way to handle this type of scenario.  It would be nice to be able to define a number of units for a given folder.  Right now, I put all Units under their separate Folder as the unit name, but under that folder are the totals for only one type of that unit.  This is the crux of the problem, unless I export this into a 3rd party application, I then have to manually multiply the counts under that folder by the total number of that type of unit.  I could create a myriad of fields to allow the input of this and then trickle down to the sub items in the folder, but that will only get me so far, and the shear logistics of doing that for every single would be a nightmare.  In that same light,I break my quotes down to the unit level, and in entering the same wall over and over (but separated by unit) I end up having to do a lot of extra work re-entering the same information over and over again.  Need a way to start the same item, but make it separate from the original with all new digitizer points, just the exact same attributes.

Login or Signup to post a comment