A plan image must be scaled before any digitizing can be done. If a plan image needs rotating or leveling, this needs to be done before the image is scaled.
To scale a plan image:
1. Click on the plan image to scale.
2. Select a dimension on the plan image to scale, preferably one over 20 ft long for best accuracy. It does not matter whether the dimension is horizontal or vertical but for best results doing both will help.
3. Select the "Scale" button from the toolbar.
4. Enter the dimension into the Scale Dimension dialog and click the "OK" button.
5. Now click two points on the plan image that correspond to the dimension entered. You will want to carefully zoom and select the center of the dimension lines for best accuracy.
6. Once the image has been scaled, an arrow icon will appear next to the plan name in the pages window. The arrow will also show the direction that page has been scaled.
Alternately, you can select from standard scaling options by selecting the lower portion of the button. However, automatic setting of scale is only as accurate as the scanned in drawings. Make sure you double check several dimensions on each page to make sure the scale was set accurately.
Note: To re-scale a page, simply repeat the above steps.
Note: A page can be scaled both horizontally and vertically for greatest accuracy. Just do the scale process once for a vertical measurement and once for a horizontal measurement.