From within the Templates tab you can create linears for use in estimating and takeoff before you need them; you can also export or import them into jobs.
1. To create a new linear, select the New Linear button; to create a new sub-item linear, select the lower portion of the button.
2. The Form properties window allows you to name your linear section and to set the color, fill type and location.
3. When finished, click the OK button to continue; you have now created a new linear section for your use.
4. The Advanced linear option allows you to enter, set, and update more options.
5. Select the Advanced button to open the Properties window.
Estimating - This section allows you to estimate, set formulas and equations for estimating, and define other linear estimating rules for later use.
Item - This section allows you to set general information about the template linears, including the name and the linear type.
Other - Under this section, you can set some of the actions the linear will handle.
Audit Trail - Properties related to when the folder was created and when it has been updated.
Created By - Who created the folder.
Time Stamp - Date and Time the Folder was updated.
Padlock - Allows you to lock and unlock the contents of that row. Clicking on the lock toggles the setting.
Light Bulb - Indicated if the row is visible or not.
Yellow Bulb - Row visible.
Gray Bulb - Row not visible.
6. When done, click the OK button to continue; you have now created a New Linear for your use.