From within the Templates tab, you can create assemblies for use in estimating and takeoff before you need them, and you can export or import them into jobs. Assemblies allow you to pre-build all of the materials and tools you will need for a specific item, such as concrete slabs.
1. To create a new assembly, select the New Assembly button; to create a new sub-item assembly, select the lower portion of the button.
2. The Form properties window allows you to name your assembly and set basic information about the assembly.
3. When finished, click the OK button to continue; you have now created a new assembly for your use.
4. The Advanced Assembly option allows you to enter, set, and update more options.
5. Select the Advanced button to open the properties window.
Padlock - Allows you to lock and unlock the contents of that row. Clicking on the lock toggles the setting.
Light Bulb - Indicates whether the row is visible.
Yellow Bulb - Row Visible.
Gray Bulb - Row will be invisible.
6. When done, click the OK button to continue; you have now created a New Assembly for your use.
7. Once the assembly has been created, you can add your other materials, labor, equipment, etc., as sub-items of the assembly. This can be done in several ways depending on how you have created your items.
- You can right click on one of your other parts in your templates and select copy, then select the newly created assembly, right-click and select Paste as Sub Item.
- You can select the newly created assembly and add a New Item as a Sub Item.
Advanced Properties Video 2: