How to: Transfer Jobs and License to New PC
When it comes time to get a new PC, getting all your jobs and software transferred over can seem daunting, this "How To" will show you how to get all your jobs from the local storage on your old hard drive to the new local storage.
Things you will need:
1x External Hard drive/Flash drive. (Needs to have enough memory for all your jobs.)
1x PlanSwift installed on both computers.
1. Okay to start plug in your external HDD/Flash Drive.
2. Open up your File Explorer (My Documents, My Computer, etc.)
3. Go to your "Computer" and choose the Local "C:" drive.
4. Go to Program Files (x86)
5. Go to PlanSwift 9
6. Go to Data -> Storages -> Local -> Jobs
7. Click the very first job so that it is highlighted, then press and hold the shift-key. While holding the shift-key, go to the right of the window and drag the bar all the way down to the bottom. While still holding shift, click on the last job.
NOTE: DO NOT CLICK THE DATA.XML FILE.
With all the jobs (the folder icons) highlighted, and not the DATA.XML file, right click and move your mouse down to Copy, and select Copy.
8. Now go back to the left side of the window and scroll until you find your external drive (Usually E: or F: depending).
9. Open the external, and right click in the empty white space on the right. Move your mouse down and hover the "New" bar, to the right will pop out another pane and you will click "Folder".
10. Name the folder "PlanSwift Backup".
11. Open the folder, right click in the empty white space of "PlanSwift Backup" and click "Paste".
12. Let the files copy over. (Depending on the number a sizes of the files, the time could take 5-45 minutes.)
13. Once the data transfer is complete, safely eject your drive. (Right click on the USB Icon in the bottom right corner and eject drive).
14. Plugin to new machine.
15. Now open the External -> "PlanSwift Backup" and copy all the jobs again (right-click -> copy).
16. Now go to the Local C: Programfiles(x86)/Planswift 9/Data/Storages/Local/Jobs
17. Right-click -> Paste.
18. Let the data transfer.
Now all your jobs should show in the Local storage on PlanSwift.
To remove a license from the old computer and activate it on the new computer:
1. Open PlanSwift -> Click on Help at the top.
2. Copy your customer number on the right (if you don't already know it).
3. Click Remove license.
1. Open PlanSwift.
2. Enter Customer Number and PIN (If you don't know your PIN, PlanSwift support can look it up for you).
This completes the step-by-step instructions on how to get your jobs moved between computers.