Commonly asked questions
What is .NetFramework
Why do I have to Install .Net Framework
What are the System Requirements for .Net Framework
Why is Windows XP Not Supported
Where do I download .Net Framework
How do I Install .Net Framework
A. .Net pronounced Dot Net, is a programming framework Created by Microsoft to allow developers to create and manage applications more efficiently. Several of our certified plugins require the .net framework in order to run.
A. Overtime Microsoft will release Updated version of .Net to fix vulnerabilities, add features and update security protocols.
Generally, most users will never have to manually download these updates as they are included in Windows Updates.
A. Planswift Certified Plugins require the latest version of .Net which at the time is .Net 4.5.2.
This version requires:
- Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 SP2, Windows Server 2012,
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Vista SP2
- Hardware Requirements
- 1 GHz or faster Processor
- 512 MB of Ram
- 850 MB of available hard disk space (x86) 32bit
- 2 GB of available hard disk space (x64) 64bit
A. Microsoft ended support for Windows XP on April 8, 2014, This means that Microsoft will not support or provide security updates for
this version of Windows. Though Planswift can run on a Windows XP machine, plugins requiring the .Net Framework will not. It is highly recommended that you upgrade your computer to a more modern operating system such as Windows 7, or Windows 8.1
A. There are a few ways to obtain a copy.
- Download it directly from Microsoft's website by clicking here.
- Download it from us by clicking clicking the attached file.
- In the ".Net Required" dialog after installing a plugin.
A. First, you must be the Administrator of the computer you are installing .Net Framework on.
- If you have a popup requesting you download .net (image above) by pressing download. it will download the installer and prompt you through the installation.
- If you downloaded via the links provided in this article. Once downloaded, Double click the Executable and follow the prompts.