How to: Set-Up Network Storage
This "How to" will cover the process of setting up a network storage for PlanSwift 9. This guide will only be applicable once you have set up a network, server, or cloud storage based system (One Drive, Sky Drive, Google Drive).
NOTE: We do not recommend/support using a cloud-based storage for storing jobs; Some users have been successful using cloud storage, but it was intended to be saved locally, and any errors that result from using the Cloud storage are not supported by PlanSwift.
Once the network or server is established, setting up PlanSwift to use network storage is very easy.
1: Open your File Explorer and go to the established network or server.
2. In the server, right click and move your mouse cursor over the word "New." Doing so will pop out an additional right-click menu.
3. Click on folder to create a new folder.
4. Name the folder something you will remember and that is easy to find (for example, PlanSwift Jobs, Network Jobs, or Network).
5. Now leave the folder completely empty--don't put a single thing in it--and launch PlanSwift.
6. Go to Settings -> Data Storages and Click "New".
7. Name the storage whatever you would like, and then click the "..." at the end of the "Folder" bar.
8. Locate in the directory the folder that was just created and click "OK" once highlighted. Then hit "Finish."
This has just created the "Jobs" and "Templates" folders for you to put your jobs in.
To move your jobs, follow this guide on where to get your local jobs and the best way to transfer them: