In order to upgrade to PlanSwift 10, you need to proceed with the following:
1) Download the PlanSwift 10.exe file from PlanSwift.com/dl. (by clicking this link, you should automatically start a download of PS10.1).
2) This should start the PlanSwift 10 Setup Up Wizard. To install/update to PlanSwift 10 you are going to click "Next".
3) Make sure you click on "I Accept this Agreement" and then click "Next".
4) The next screen will allow you to choose which directory you want PlanSwift 10 to install to. You can overwrite the existing PlanSwift 9 Directory with no loss of data, or you can change the directory to PlanSwift 10.
5) Next, you will see the "Select Start Menu Folder". You are going to want to leave this as PlanSwift 10 and click "Next"
6) You will be asked if you want to create a desktop icon for easier access to PlanSwift 10.
7) Next, are the "Default Settings" here you can choose the "Default Language", and the "Default Measurement Type".
8) The following screen will be a review of your installation settings before you run the install. If everything looks correct, click on "Install" and your computer will begin to install PlanSwift 10.
After you have installed PlanSwift 10, you may need to move your local files over from PlanSwift 9, to Planswift 10.
1) Navigate to your PlanSwift9 folder located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\PlanSwift9". In this folder, you are going to want to locate your storage folder. The Storage folder can be found at
"C:\Program Files (x86)\PlanSwift9\Data\Storages\Local". In this folder, you will find a "Jobs" and a "Templates" folder.
2) You are going to want to select both the "Jobs" and "Templates" folder; right-click and choose "Copy".
3) Now you are going to want to locate the PlanSwift10 folder; the file path is going to be
"C:\Program Files (x86)\PlanSwift10" and your storage folder is going to be located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\PlanSwift10\Data\Storages\Local". This is where you will need to paste the copied data from PlanSwift 9.
4) Right-click and hit paste, let Windows run through the data transfer, and now your PlanSwift 10 will have your jobs and data from PlanSwift 9.